I’m fairly certain that this is the last of the recent blog post/writing challenge/award nominations that I’ve been tagged on. If I’ve missed any others in recent
days weeks, please accept my sincere apologies. I’m ever so slowly getting back on the ball.
Is that a thing? Getting my eye on the ball? Getting back on the bandwagon? I don’t know…
Anyway, Suzi at My Colourful Life tagged me with this one and I’m a sucker for long questionnaires. And so, with no more ado, settle in for lots of questions and answers.
- What is your usual Starbucks order?
Caramel apple spice… I don’t really care for coffee or tea.
- What does your workstation look like right now?
No idea… I haven’t seen my workstation since school ended at the beginning of June. Unfortunately, I’ll be back to looking at it every day in about a month.
- All-time favorite food?
- Favorite author?
Probably a toss up between J.K. Rowling and Stephen King.
- What do you think of open relationships?
I’m not a fan. And, to be completely honest, if that’s something you’re into, I really think you’re fooling yourself if you think it won’t turn out horribly in the end. Emotions are a tricky thing, y’all.
- What is your favorite video game?
How does one choose? I don’t know if I can just say one. Super Metroid, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy XII are at the time of my list.
- Guilty pleasure treat?
The bakery section in Kroger has these little strawberry cream cheese bites that are kind of amazing.
- Favorite movie?
Back to the Future… come on, do you even know me?
- Favorite book?
- Twitter or Instagram?
I spend more time scrolling through Instagram, but I post more often to Twitter.
- Desktop or laptop?
- Best advice you’ve ever received?
I’m having a hard time coming up with advice passed on by someone I know personally. All that’s coming to mind are movie quotes…
- What project are you working on right now?
Mostly, right now, I’m focused on getting ready to move into my new apartment. Though I think that’s more my mother’s project than it is mine. She’s all about decorating that joint.
- Favorite color?
- Did you get good grades in school?
- Dream job?
Writer/artist for DC Comics
- Played any sports?
- Do you have a degree?
Two of ’em.
United States of American
- What is your favorite kind of blog post to do?
The easy kind. By that, I mean the kind that I don’t really have to put a lot of thought into. The kind that are basically just some kind of observation about something I’ve seen or a rant I’m going off on and my brain just switches over into blogging mode and the words just automatically come.
- What do you like to collect?
The idea of collecting anything these days has really lost its appeal for me. It’s all because I used to collect comic books. When the time came for me to get rid of them because I just couldn’t store them anymore (and got tired of moving them all every time I moved to a new place), I discovered just how worthless they were. All those years, I collected comics thinking it was a minor investment. Don’t get me wrong, I still would have bought and read comic books throughout all that time. I just wouldn’t have kept them the way I did if I’d known they would be eventually sold for a fraction of a penny each.
- Describe yourself in three words:
Hard working. Alpha male. Jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable.
- If you were a rapper, what would your rapper name be?
- Who was the last person who DM’d you?
On what platform? Twitter or Instagram… I should have taken that earlier question more seriously. Honestly, I rarely get DM’d on either of those. It’s usually a text message or nothing. And I’m okay with that.
- What is on the top of your wish list right now?
A Ms. Pac-Man arcade game.
- Sorting house?
- How many tattoos do you have?
- What are you most grateful for this year?
Finally getting to move into an apartment that’s mine and mine alone.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
I got my car back after leaving it in the shop for the last two months.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
A lot of great stuff coming out of Comic Con that I’ve been catching up on. Did you guys see that new trailer for Star Trek: Picard? Looks awesome!
- What’s the best thing ever?
Waking up after the perfect amount of sleep. You wake up feeling refreshed. You’re not forced to wake up because of an alarm. And you don’t feel worse than you did when you fell asleep.
- Favorite season?
Season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Uh… there was no 33… I’ll make up a question… Favorite cereal?
- What fictional character do you relate to the most?
- Do you like surprises?
- What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
Nothing’s coming to mind. I don’t think I’ve ever been on the receiving end of any really great surprises.
- What’s the surprise that made you cry?
Nothing that’s moved me to tears of joy. And if there have been any surprises that were hurtful to the point of making me cry, I’m guessing I’ve repressed those memories.
- What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
Gifts are really not a part of my love language.
- Do you like muffins?
Of course. Especially blueberry.
- Do you cook often?
Not too much in the last few years. That’s gonna change once I get into my new place.
- What’s your favorite dessert?
Key lime pie. Or the limon creme cake from The Olive Garden.
- Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Anything with chocolate. Or peanut butter.
- Cake or pie?
- What’s your least favorite food?
I’m just gonna say vegetables.
- What’s your favorite condiment?
Mayonnaise. Don’t you make that face!
- It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
- If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
Fundamentals of Buffy – How one TV show changed the landscape of entertainment forever.
- Best animated film?
Beauty and the Beast
- What has a girl (or guy) done or said to impress you?
I’m not easily impressed.
- The best thing to do on a date?
Talk… Dating is an interview process.
- The worst thing to do on a date?
Go to a movie… you can’t talk during a movie.
- What is the funniest pick up line a guy/girl could use on a girl/guy?
Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?
- Best comic book character?
- What are three things that are always in your purse?
It’s called a satchel! Indiana Jones carries one! I almost said my computer and power cord, but they’re not always in the bag if I’m using them. Then again, neither are any of the other things if I’m using them. So… computer, power cord, mouse.
- Favorite drink?
Fruitopia Strawberry Passion Awareness… discontinued…
- If you could play a historical character, who would it be?
- Kittens or puppies?
Puppies… Cats are evil. Kittens appear cute and innocent, but I know what they’ll grow into.
- Favorite sushi roll?
No clue… Any time I’ve had sushi I’ve trusted others to order.
- What kind of lipstick do you use?
I don’t… Are we getting into questions that don’t apply to me?
- What kind of foundation do you use?
I mean, if I were building a house, I assume I’d use cement. Is that right? I don’t know, I’m not a contractor.
- Blow dry or air dry?
- Who is your fashion icon?
- Favorite Disney character?
- What are you doing tomorrow?
Meeting with my friend, Jessica.
- Movie you laughed the hardest through?
- A movie that made you cry?
- If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
- If your life were a song what would the title be?
“She Just Wants to Be My Friend”
- Favorite animal?
- Favorite illustrator?
Jim Lee, Dan Jurgens, Frank Cho, Bill Watterson
- The person you want to have coffee with?
Can I get a caramel apple spice instead? Okay… Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- What’s the country you wish to visit?
- Best way to decompress?
Driving around listening to music.
I guess I’m supposed to tag people. But I’m still a loner, Dottie. A rebel. I subvert expectations. Unless you were expecting me to not tag people. In which case I’m not subverting anything. But if you want to answer these questions in the comments or on your own blog, by all means, I’d love to see what you have to say!