I’ve been slow to respond, but Suzi over at My Colourful Life nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award over the weekend. I mean, I commented on her post with a thank you, so I don’t want you guys to think I was blatantly ignore her. It’s just that today is the first day I’ve had a chance to properly respond. So thank you, Suzi! If you haven’t been to her blog yet, go check it out. Like me, she clearly has a Real Neat Blog.
What are the rules for the Real Neat Blog Award? I’m glad you asked…
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.)
Now the really good stuff. These are the questions presented by Suzi, along with my answers…
- If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do? Well, I know what I wouldn’t I definitely wouldn’t try to cross a busy street. I’m not sure what I’d do. It’s not like I’d go around stealing things, because I’d end up feeling guilty about it. I thought about sneaking around a restaurant and taking things off people’s plates here and there, but would they see my undigested food in my invisible stomach? That’s gross. I may be overthinking this… Moving on.
- What is your star sign, and do you show any of the sign’s traits in your personality? I know I’m a Pisces, but I don’t really pay much attention to astrology. So I asked a coworker to help me figure it out. I’d say there are a lot of traits that I can see myself agreeing with. I definitely like being alone and sleeping, but I’m not a fan of swimming. I’d also agree that I’m selfless (at least I try to be) and like helping others without considering what I get in return. Funny how that all works. I don’t much buy into astrology, but I have to admit they’ve got my personality pretty close to what it really is.
- If you had £1,000 given to you, how would you spend it? According to Google, this amount currently equals $1,327.58 American. I’m actively working on paying down credit card and student loan debt, so I’m pretty sure I’d just use the bulk of that to take my numbers down a bit. Maybe get a new pair of Chuck Taylors.
- What is your favorite season and why? Fall… Mostly because the temperature and humidity begin to drop. I mean, the leaves changing colors are real pretty and all. But I mostly just enjoy feeling more comfortable outside. I do like winter, too. But only when it’s snowing.
- What is your favorite quote? “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
- What is your biggest dislike? Peanut butter… ugh.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? You know, I’ve been thinking about this a lot and I really like where I’m currently living. I don’t necessarily mean Blacksburg, but this part of the country in general. It’s kind of a sweet spot as far as weather concerns go. It’s rare that a tornado touches down locally. It’s rare that a hurricane makes its way this far inland to cause wind damage or flooding. Flooding can be a problem when it comes to prolonged periods of precipitation, but there are ways to avoid that (like not driving through standing water, staying on high ground). It really doesn’t get too cold here in winter. And even though I’m sure to complain about heat and humidity in the summer, it’s truly not that bad. Southwest Virginia is the place to be, y’all. Give me a tiny house in the woods and I could retire happily.
Now, at this point, I’m supposed to come up with questions of my own along with other bloggers to tag. But, I’m gonna be honest… I’m attempting to multitask while putting this post together and I just don’t have the brain capacity to think of folks to nominate. I hope that’s okay and I hope no one is offended. So I’m actually going to take a page from our friend over at No Love for Fatties and encourage you to just answer Suzi’s questions in the comments below, if you are so moved.
Thanks again to Suzi for the nomination! I’m always honored when others consider me for awards like this. It’s great to be part of a larger community of writers!