Y’all… I was nominated earlier this week for this Versatile Blogger Award.
Please, hold your applause. First, I’d like to thank the Academy. I’d also like to thank that sweet little old lady that gets up at 4:00 a.m. every morning to make those made-from-scratch biscuits that Hardee’s is so famous for. I don’t actually go to Hardee’s for breakfast, it’s really not on my way to work. But she deserves some praise.
Oh no… the orchestra’s playing me off. Most of all, I want to thank Becky from Strikeouts + Sprinkles and Michelle of Movin’ it with Michelle for both of your nominations! I appreciate you ladies thinking of me. And, you, dear reader, if you haven’t clicked their links to check out their blogs, go ahead and do that. Give them a read. Give them a follow.
Or wait until you finish reading this post.
You know what, you do you. Whatever you’re comfortable with. This post isn’t going anywhere. Feel free to go and come back any time. The internet’s open 24/7 apparently. Not sure I’d want that night shift, though. Probably some sketchy characters on here in the middle of the night.
Not that you’re automatically sketchy if you’re on the internet in the middle of the night. I mean, what if you just have insomnia and you want something to read to keep your mind off the fact you can’t sleep. I’ll try to make this more boring so you can doze off.
Wow… that was a good piece of rambling. I’m gonna blame the start of Daylight Saving Time. Losing that hour of sleep last night is gonna wreck me for at least a week.
Are you still with me? Good…
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you. Check
- Link to the blog(s) of the person(s) who nominated you. Checkarooney
- Share seven facts about yourself. See below
- Nominate 15 more bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. Uh… about that…
Seven Facts About Me
I’ll be honest, this may be a little difficult since I so recently updated my 100 Facts About Me list. But I’ll do my best…
- I used to work part time for Old Navy. I still shop there every now and then, even though I don’t get the discount anymore. It’s because I know what size pants I can get without necessarily trying them on. I mean, I do still try them on. Because our bodies can change. Because I like pizza.
- I have moved twice since October. I also anticipate another move before the end of July. Not sure where to yet, but three times in a year seems excessive. I’d like the next one to stick for a while.
- I was so excited, not long after Christmas, to track down a Super Nintendo Classic Edition. All the nostalgia was amazing. This and the NES were the video games I grew up with. You know how many times I’ve actually played the games on the thing? Roughly three. But I will never regret having it!
I really do enjoy my current job as a counselor in an elementary school. But one of my favorite things that I do is coming up with clever things to draw/write on the whiteboard in our counseling office.
- Even though I just turned 39, my mom sent me a check for my birthday and, in the card, wrote that I should spend it on something that I want. She emphasized the word want. I guess she thinks spending birthday money on filling up my car with gas wouldn’t count as a want.
- I used my birthday money to buy a new pair of pants at the Old Navy. Yes, I tried them on in the store.
- I hate cutting my finger and toenails. But I also would not trust the job to anyone else in the world. What I’m saying is, I’d rather just have all of those things removed, never to be grown again. Or stopped at one length. Is that a thing?
Look, I’m really tempted to do like I did recently when I received the Real Neat Blog Award and break the rules. Don’t get me wrong, I love playing along and being part of this incredible blogging community and the circle of bloggers that seems to keep expanding. However, I’m having a difficult time coming up with 15 bloggers without feeling like I’m repeating a nomination that’s already been made. I also don’t want to risk leaving people out, either.
This is exactly why I don’t do Christmas presents.
So anyway, if you want to play along, feel free! You can drop off seven of your fun facts about you in the comments. Or you can just say I nominated you and do this over on your own blog. But be sure to share a link in the comments so I can at least come over and see what you’ve written and comment with something like, “Oh I was SO happy to nominate you for this award!” How’s that sound?
Can I go take a nap now? Seriously, missing that hour of sleep is messing with my brain.