I can’t believe it, but it’s been more than three years since I first decided to post a bucket list to the blog. And, in that time, I’ve barely looked at the thing to see if I’m making any actual progress.
No, I’m not dying. At least, I don’t think I am. You never know. I could be perfectly healthy and a comet could land on my house.
Anyway, I’ve decided to repost the bucket list here and I’m hoping I can cross off a few items. Because that will tell me that I’m actually making progress and that my life isn’t completely stagnant.
- Drive across the United States in a convertible.
- Love and be loved in return.
- Visit Canada.
- Climb the stairs of the Eiffel Tower.
- Sing a duet with Carrie Underwood.
- Visit Australia.
- Arrange for someone to continue updating my Twitter feed after my death.
- Kiss a girl.
- Survive the zombie apocalypse.
- Get wicked good with a bow and arrow.
- Own a house with a large front porch.
- Win the lottery.
- Own an arcade style Ms. Pac-Man video game.
- Discover time travel.
- Visit 1955.
- Become a teacher.
- Live in New York.
- Write a song for a girl.
- Punch a clown in the face.
Watch every Star Wars movie (even the prequels) in one sitting.(This was done prior to the sequel trilogy and anthology films. It counts.)
- Shake hands with the president.
- Try on a suit of armor.
Figure out what the smoke monster from Lost really was.(It’s a Death Eater, connecting the worlds of Lost and Harry Potter.)
- See the Aurora Borealis.
- Have a front yard with a big freakin’ willow tree.
- Write a novel.
- Have it published.
- Watch every Harry Potter movie in a day.
- Watch the sunrise from a hot air balloon.
- Go to the prom.
Have a pen pal.(Still going strong.)
- Visit London.
- Fall asleep waiting for Santa.
- Own a recliner.
- Build a sandcastle.
- Live in a home with a secret passage.
- Live in a home with a library.
- Read every book written by Stephen King.
- Attend a game at every Major League ballpark.
- Visit Ground Zero.
- Set up an outdoor movie theater in my back yard.
- Ride the Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens 20 consecutive times.
Run a 5k. Sing the National Anthem at a minor league baseball game.
- Learn to play the piano.
- Adopt a dog.
- Fly in a helicopter.
- Party in Vegas.
- Create a life-size Chutes and Ladders game.
Attend a birthday party for a cat.
- Visit Rome.
- Go on a cruise.
Buy a tailored suit.
- Receive a kiss under the mistletoe.
- See Beauty and the Beast performed on stage.
- Visit the Statue of Liberty.
- Be invited to speak at a graduation ceremony.
- Ride in a gondola.
- Learn how to do a cartwheel.
- Visit the Grand Canyon.
- Get drunk.
- Learn to play the ukulele.
- Propose to a woman in epic fashion.
- Go to Hawaii.
- Build a blanket fort.
- Be thrown a surprise birthday party.
- Meet friends that I’ve only known through blogging.
- Sing a song with my college choir again.
Tell my high school crush that I had a crush on her once upon a time.(I’m gonna count this as done. I didn’t tell her to her face, but I did boldly answer the question about a crush on my high school reunion survey that anyone from our graduating class could have seen. I’m gonna assume she saw it.)
- Participate in a flash mob.
- Go on a picnic with the woman I love.
See every movie on the American Film Institute’s top 100 list.(Done and done.)
- Live in the Big Brother house for a summer.
- Play and beat every main series Final Fantasy game.
Go on a date.
- Watch the sun rise over the Atlantic and set over the Gulf of Mexico in the same day.
- Ride a camel.
Sing Dream On at karaoke. Make a snow angel.
- Visit Mexico.
- Take a train to New York.
- Watch an Olympic bobsled event in person.
- Recreate the events of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
- Meet Alison Brie.
Sing a baby to sleep.
- Get out of debt.
- Create a sitcom.
Spend a day watching animated Disney films.
- Have a sandwich named after me.
Serenade a girl.
- Eat at a pizza joint in New York City.
- Eat a cheesesteak in Philadelphia.
Have more than 100 followers on my blog. Survive 12/21/2012.
- Have a secret admirer.
- Catch a foul ball.
- Visit DisneyWorld with my college friends.
- Make a profound speech and then drop the microphone like a badass.
- Watch an entire season of 24 in one day.
- Host SNL.
- Sing all the way through Barenaked Ladies’ One Week on tempo without flubbing the lyrics.
If you compare it with the original post, there are a few that I’ve been able to cross off. But the vast majority still need some work. And there are more than a few that I would definitely need help with. So, if you’ve got some ideas about how I can accomplish some of these amazing feats, let me know. In the meantime, I’m gonna keep on living the dream.