Kids, I’ve been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award. It’s kind of awesome. I haven’t been nominated for a blogging award since 2015. So it looks like my fortunes are taking a turn for the better.
Gosh, I have so many people to thank before they start playing me off and cutting to commercial. Actually, no… there’s only one person to thank. Thanks to Paul over at The Captain’s Speech for nominating me. I’m honored, friend.
Here are the rules:
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
I done did the thanking… So I guess I’m on to three things about myself. This is hard, since my About the Blogger page is just a list of 100 random things about me. I’m sure I can come up with three more, though. I’m very interesting.
- I got MoviePass a few months ago. Y’all… it has changed my life.
- Tonight, I’m going on the first date that I’ve been on in three years. Wish me luck.
- I deleted Snapchat from my phone last month and I haven’t looked back.
1. What is your favorite topic to write about and why?
I’m not sure that I actually have a favorite topic to write about. Judging by my most frequent posts, you’d think my favorites are my thoughts on movies or episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Honestly, though, those weekly posts can feel forced sometimes, in spite of my love for movies and Sarah Michelle Gellar. I think I have a lot more fun writing about the things that I’m able to observe in my day to day. Interesting things don’t always happen, which is why I don’t write something interesting every single day. But when they do, I enjoy writing about them.
2. Which TV show would you like to be in and what would your character be?
I think I’d want to be Chris Pratt’s character on Parks & Recreation.
3. When you were a kid, what was your favorite snack to bring to school?
Handi-Snacks – cheese, crackers, and that little, plastic red thing to spread the fake cheese on the crackers.
4. What’s an irrational fear you have?
Clowns… Although, I’m not entirely convinced it’s an irrational fear. I mean, we’ve all seen the video footage of those creepy clowns that chase cars down in the middle of nowhere. Tell me it’s not rational to be afraid of those things.
And what are people doing panicking and driving away? If I’m in my car and a clown is chasing me on foot, he’s getting run the heck over!
5. Go on your phone. Click on your text messages. Scroll to the chat at the bottom of your list. Why haven’t you talked to that person lately? For bonus points, what was the last message that was sent in that chat?
Joe was an intern with our church until he graduated, moved away, and got married. The last message sent in that chat thread was me saying, “That’s cool. Have a good time at home!” This was in response to him declining my invitation to my birthday celebration last year. Since he didn’t come to my birthday, that’s probably why we haven’t spoken since…
Confession… I’m not as diligent about keeping up with blogs as I once was. So a lot of the time, I don’t feel like I’m as connected to as many bloggers as I used to be. But I do miss making those connections. Maybe nominating these bloggers will be the excuse I need to get connected. Do yourselves a favor and check out each of these bloggers’ sites. They’re worth the read.
I only have eight there. If I didn’t list you, but you’d still like to participate, feel free to answer my questions in the comments.
1. What is the greatest movie ever made? (You’ll be forgiven if you do not say Back to the Future.)
2. Of all the different types of pie in the world, what would you say is the tastiest?
3. Describe in words the first image you posted to your personal Instagram feed.
4. What is your go-to song for karaoke night?
5. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? What did you wind up doing?
Thanks, again, to Paul for passing this award on to me. Feels good to be in good company. And if I neglected to nominate you, please feel free to answer these questions in the comments. I’d love to learn more about you and make new connections that I didn’t even know were here!