Question of the Week #44

You are offered $1,000,000 for the following act: Before you are ten pistols–only one of which is loaded. You must pick up one of the pistols, point it at your forehead, and pull the trigger. If you can walk away you do so a millionaire. Would you accept the risk?

QuestionThere was a time when I probably would have said yes. I mean, you’ve got a 90% chance of walking away with a million bucks. Those aren’t bad odds. But, then again, you’ve got a 10% chance of dying. Those aren’t good odds. So, I’m gonna say no.

*The Question of the Week can be found in The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s