Last summer, Paul over at The Captain’s Speech did something that I’m sure most of us are well aware that he is very good at. He gave the bloggers in this linked community a reason to interact and engage in friendly competition with one another. In doing this, he initiated the inaugural Blogger Games.
When those games came to a close after an exciting five weeks, I reached out to Paul about the possibility of making The Blogger Games a regular event. I think he may have been hesitant at first, explaining that putting together five weeks of multiple choice quizzes was a lot of work. And that could be easily seen considering all that he put into not only the questions but in revealing the responses and the results involving each individual participant.
It was then that I suggested that a different blogger host The Blogger Games each time they came around, much like different countries host the Olympics every other year. It was also at this point that I volunteered to be the next host, planning the games for right about now, as the world prepares to celebrate the Winter Olympics.
But that’s enough backstory! We’ve reached February and it’s 2022. The time has come for The 2nd Blogger Games!
As with the previous games, you will be challenged with questions that are all about Paul. Just kidding… This time the questions will be all about me. So now it’s all a question of how well you know me. I guess some of that will depend on how long you’ve been following my blog. Part of it will depend on if you really read my blog. Part of it will depend on blindly choosing an option from the multiple choices given with each question.
Here is what you need to know…
- The Blogger Games will run for 5 weeks, starting this Wednesday, February 2, and ending with a final medal count on Wednesday, March 9.
- Each Wednesday, I will post 10 multiple choice questions related to my life. They will reflect a different subject each week. By the end, you will have answered 50 multiple choice questions.
- There will also be a writing prompt, so you can share something about yourself. That will not be marked – it’s just so we can all get to know each other.
- All you have to do is answer the questions in a blog post of your own and get as many correct answers as you can. It’s a competition.
- If you miss a week, that’s okay.
- A Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal will be given out each week to those of you who finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Medals will also be awarded to those who finish in the Top 3 once I combine all 5 weeks of scoring.
- There are no tricks. Every question only has one answer.
As Paul said at the start of the inaugural games, the goal with The Blogger Games is to provide something fun for all of you. Hopefully, this will prove to be just that.
Again, this also gives us all a way to connect with one another and learn a little more about each other.
So prepare to enter the stadium in the march of
nations blogs! Wave your flags proudly! Let me know down in the comments if you plan on playing along!
See you this Wednesday for Week 1 of The Blogger Games II!