- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so that others can find them.
- List the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the award and ask them 11 new questions.
- What do you do for work?
I am a Qualified Mental Health Professional who works as a Mental Health Skills Builder, most of which is done over the phone these days.
- What do you do for fun?
I usually like to read, though I’ve been in a funk when it comes to reading in recent months. I like to play video games occasionally, though I’m known to bore easily with those. I definitely love a good movie, and could watch my old standbys over and over again.
- What is one of your go to meals you make at home?
I make a mean homemade pizza. But I’ve also gotten pretty good with a crock pot chicken and dumplings recipe.
- What is a topic you could talk about for hours?
Just about anything geeky… DC Comics, Superman, Marvel movies, movies in general, Star Wars, Harry Potter… I could spend hours just making the list.
- Who would play you in a movie?
- What’s your go to karaoke song?
“Dream On” – Aerosmith
- Have you been fired from a job? Do tell!
I think… maybe? It was my first senior year in college and I took on a part time job working at an old Electronics Boutique at the nearby mall. I’m sorry to say that things got hectic and after only two weeks of working there, I forgot to call and get my schedule. And when I never heard from the manager, I just assumed I didn’t have a job anymore. So I never actually got word that I was fired. But since that store no longer exists, I assume my position has been terminated.
- What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
Birds of Prey… And as much as I enjoy seeing new movies, I’m not sure I miss going to the theater to do so. Not sure how I’ll feel about it when the opportunity once again presents itself, either.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever given?
These next questions are hard for me because, as love languages go, gifts is about the lowest in my rankings. I’m horrible at giving gifts. I’m horrible at receiving them. Personally, I’d love it if Christmas with the family was just a delicious dinner followed by sitting around and catching up with the ones I haven’t seen since last year. Because when someone gives me a gift, I feel like it comes with an obligation to return the favor. And I know that’s not what it’s supposed to be about, but I have a psychological block there and I just can’t get past it. Anyway, as far as gifts I’ve given, I think I’ll go with the personalized greeting cards I’ve made for people in recent years. Some time ago, I decided, “Why buy a card at the store when I can make one myself for free?” And, bonus, it just feels more personal than whatever cookie cutter emotion Hallmark can mass produce, right? And I’m not a horrible artist when it comes down to it. If I can look at something, there’s a good chance I can draw it.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
I don’t remember ever being more excited about a present than I was that Christmas morning when I received a Nintendo Entertainment System. My cousin had already had one for years and all we had was a lousy Atari 2600. Looking back, I’m sure that’s a superficial answer and I’m sure I’ve received a lot more meaningful gifts over the years. However, like I said before, I don’t usually ascribe too much meaning to the gifts I receive. I’m grateful and I acknowledge the giver… but that’s as far as my emotional attachment generally goes.
- What would be your final meal if you were on death row?
Breakfast… Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, sausage patties, a stack of pancakes with butter and syrup, biscuits, and Mamw’s sausage gravy. That meal would probably give me a heart attack before they got me to the lethal injection room.
This is the part where I cheat and break the rules. Instead of picking 11 people, I’m just going to leave it open to anyone reading this who wants to participate. You can answer Bex’s questions in the comments or on your own blog or you can answer the questions I’m about to list down below. If you do write up a post on your blog, be sure to drop a link here so I can come and see your answers!
- Who is your favorite character from Star Wars?
- If you could travel in time, when would you go?
- If you’re familiar with the works of Stephen King, what is your favorite of his novels?
- How long would you last in the Hunger Games?
- What was the last video game you played in an arcade?
- What is your favorite conspiracy theory and is it really believable?
- Who was your high school crush?
- Do you have a favorite YouTube channel? What is it?
- According to Greek mythology, what hero beheaded the fearsome Medusa?
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- Remember the story of the Pied Piper of Hamelin? What do you think he really did with all those kids?