Directed by Jared Hess
Quick Synopsis… The life of quirky, ninja-loving, Idaho-dwelling teenager Napoleon Dynamite gets complicated when his shady Uncle Rico shows up. Meanwhile, a shy girl starts showing Napoleon some attention, and his best friend decides to run for school president.
- I mentioned in my clue for this movie that I just didn’t like it the first time I saw it.
- My friend Jessica talked me into going with her to see it in the theater.
- When we walked out, I told her we couldn’t be friends anymore.
- My first viewing was her second viewing and she convinced me that an additional viewing for myself would change my mind.
- She was right.
- Friendship repaired.
- Now… I’m not sure how to do this post without it turning into just typing the countless quotable lines from Napoleon Dynamite.
- That said, most of this will probably not make sense unless you have seen and enjoy this movie.
- Just hearing Napoleon exhale while he waits for the bus and looks in his Trapper Keeper makes me laugh.
- So many of the events in this movie are so random.
- “Your mom goes to college!” Classic burn.
- I mean… Rex Kwon Do?
- When Rico is trying to sell some Tupperware and challenges that guy to try and tear a bowl apart with his bare hands, it’s hilarious to see the guy look so defeated. Like he’s less than a man because he can’t tear the bowl apart.
- Vote for Pedro.
- LaFawnduh giving Kip his bling… awesome.
- This movie is so ridiculous. I just… I don’t even know what to really say about it.
- I know it makes me laugh. But it’s almost funnier talking about the movie with other people than it is to actually watch the movie.
- Maybe it’d be more fun to watch the movie with other people, too.
What do you think of Napoleon Dynamite? Let me know if you love it or hate it in the comments. Tomorrow’s movie is a buddy cop movie that’s fairly recent. Any guesses?