I’d never actually seen this one before! I’m excited to participate!
Thanks to Becky over at Strikeouts + Sprinkles for tagging me in this festive blogging experience! Here’s how it works:
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link their blog to your post.
- List the rules in the post.
- Answer all the questions asked by the blogger.
- Nominate some other bloggers and provide them with 12 new questions!
- Thoughts on Christmas lights staying up all year round?
I’m okay with it. To a point. I think I’m okay with it if it just involves the classic small white lights. Colorful lights or the ginormous bulbs… we can get rid of those.
- When do you start listening to Christmas music?
Day after Thanksgiving
- When is too early to start listening to/playing Christmas music?
You know, I used to say that any time before Thanksgiving was too soon for Christmas music. But now, I don’t care. Life is short. If you want to listen to Christmas songs in July, do it. If that’s how you find some joy in your year, there’s nothing wrong with that.
- How do you do your Christmas shopping—in the stores/online/combination?
I prefer online, but it usually winds up being a combination of the two.
- What’s your favorite family tradition around this time of year?
Getting together at my grandmother’s house for dinner with my cousins. Honestly, I could skip the gift exchange portion of the evening, but I love catching up with everyone over a delicious meal.
- Real or fake tree?
Fake… pre-lit is the way to go.
- Favorite Christmas song?
Do You See What I See
- Favorite Christmas movie?
Christmas Vacation… but this was a toss up… could have been A Christmas Story or It’s a Wonderful Life
- What’s the worst Christmas present you’ve ever received?
At some point during my adolescence, just about everyone in my family got it in their heads that I liked collecting Santa Claus statues. What teenager likes collecting Santa Claus statues?! For about four years straight, I probably received at least three of those stupid things every Christmas. For a long time I was just too polite to say anything. Finally, around 17, I’d had enough. Pretty sure I gave all those Santas to the Goodwill.
- Who is the toughest person you have to buy for this Christmas?
All the cousins’ kids that I never see except at Christmas.
- Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph?
Rudolph… Mostly because I like to point out the flaws in the story and how so much of it doesn’t make sense. Also, have you ever noticed that Santa Claus pretty much joins in on mocking Rudolph?
- Do you have to attend any Christmas/holiday parties this season?
I’m actually going to one tonight. Work party. Should be fun. But I think that’s it for me. Unless you count dinner at Mamaw’s in a couple weeks.
You know, Becky and I kind of run in the same blogging circle, more or less. Probably more of her and less of me. Anyway, this means that a lot of the people I would choose to tag have probably either been tagged by her or by someone she already tagged. Does that make sense at all? Point is, if I tag you and you’ve already been tagged, you’re welcome to just answer my questions in the comments if you so choose. I won’t hold it against you if you don’t create a whole new blog post.
- The Captain’s Speech
- Humble, but Humorous
- No Love for Fatties
- Oh Happy Grey
- only bad chi
- Squid’s Cup of Tea
Take time to visit these folks. They’re well worth the read!
- Whenever someone refers to another person at Christmas time as a Scrooge or a Grinch, do you assume they mean pre- or post-redemption Scrooge or Grinch?
- Who is Jesus to you?
- Do you have a tree ornament that must go on your Christmas tree every year? If so, what is it?
- Say you could have a snow globe of any scene imaginable, what would it be of?
- Who’s better at wearing a beard: Santa Claus or Jared Leto?
- Why haven’t there been any more sequels to Tim Allen’s The Santa Clause?
- What’s the highest amount of snow you’ve ever seen where you live?
- Do you wanna build a snowman?
- What are some good stocking stuffers?
- Describe your ideal plot for a Hallmark Christmas movie. Who are your stars?
- Isn’t eggnog just the worst?
- Why do parents whose kids are clearly terrified of sitting on Santa’s lap still insist on forcing them to do so?