Today is going to be a difficult day for roughly half the population of the United States. That’s why I’d like to take a moment to put things into perspective. My intention is not to belittle anyone’s feelings regarding the inauguration of Donald Trump as the country’s 45th president. But, let’s be honest, things could be worse. I think that’s something that a lot of us need to realize when we’re having a rough day. Things could be worse. And for someone else, it is worse. There’s always someone in the world who’s having a worse day than you. Unless you happen to be that one person in all the world whose day just happens to be the worst today. But I imagine that, if you have access to internet and are reading this blog right now, today is not the worst day in the world for you.
Anyway, as I said, I’d like to put things into perspective for us. Donald Trump may not be your choice for President of the United States. He may not have been the choice for a lot of people. I don’t know the statistics and I’m sure they’re still up for debate, but I feel like saying “a lot” is fair. What follows is my list of five people who would definitely be worse in the Oval Office than Donald Trump. And no, I won’t appease the half of the country who is happy about today and say that Hillary would be worse. I’m one of the ones who felt like it was a coin toss anyway…
- Kim Kardashian – Tell me I’m wrong. Actually, just imagine anyone from the Kardashian klan in the White House. You think Trump has a hard time controlling his social media output? Wow.
- Vladimir Putin – Say what you will about his alleged ties to Donald Trump. Things would be a lot worse if he were the one actually sitting in the Oval Office. Let’s just be thankful we never reached a point in the Cold War when Russia got a foothold in North America.
- Charles Manson – Trump has been accused of a lot of things, but has he ever been accused of being a serial killer? I don’t think he has.
- Anyone from Westboro Baptist Church – I was going to just say Fred Phelps, the bigot who founded this “church,” but he died in 2014. I thought about doing the research to find out who their current leader is, but I couldn’t find it on Wikipedia and I didn’t want to go to their website because I’m genuinely afraid that I’ll be flagged by the FBI for some kind of terrorist affiliation. Let me state, unequivocally, for any authorities that may be reading this: I do not condone or support anything related to Westboro Baptist Church or their beliefs.
- Tom Brady – If you actually believe that this guy had no knowledge regarding the deflated footballs last year, you might be seriously deluding yourself.
So, those are my picks. Can you think of anyone who would make a worse president than Donald Trump? Dig deep. I know you’ve gotta be able to come up with someone. When you do, share them in the comments.