Directed by Gary Chapman
Quick synopsis… The whole world is looking for a hero, and it’s up to a little pigeon named Valiant to bravely step up. Valiant and his friends take to the sky on a wing and a prayer to prove it’s not your wingspan but the size of your spirit that truly counts.
- I haven’t been looking forward to this one.
- It’s not one I’ve ever seen before.
- And I’m fairly certain there’s a reason I never had any desire to see it.
- Valiant isn’t a true Disney movie.
- It’s not something that came out of Disney Animation Studios.
- It’s not even something that came out of the offshoot animation studios like Disney MovieToons…
- It was produced by several different studios.
- And the movie does boast some impressive voice acting…
- Ewan McGregor, Tim Curry, John Cleese, among many others.
- As you can see by the poster, the movie is about pigeons.
- Specifically, they’re homing pigeons during World War II.
- Valiant is clearly a pre-super soldier serum Steve Rogers in pigeon form.
- He’s tiny, but he’s all heart and wants to serve as a homing pigeon.
- Overall, the story in this thing isn’t the best.
- However, I could see how a child of a certain age would be entertained by such a movie.
- I’m less than entertained.
- The animation isn’t great… definitely straight-to-video quality.
- Even considering the fact that it’s 15 years old.
- Can you tell by the length of this post just how very enthusiastic I am about this movie?
- Not one I will recommend, unless you have very young children and you don’t have to be in the room while they watch it.
Thanks for stopping in while I participate in this year’s A to Z Challenge. We’re in the home stretch now, with the remaining movies starting on Monday. So you’re welcome to come back for more if that’s the kind of thing you’re into.
Monday’s Disney movie begins with a W and is another animated movie. But this one is actually something kind of great and is another Disney/Pixar collaboration. Any guesses?