Thanks to Becky over at Strikeouts + Sprinkles for tagging me!
- Be sure to link back to the tag creator in your own post.
- Tag 4+ of your own friends to keep the coziness going!
- You don’t have to be tagged to fill this out–feel free to post your answers on your own blog.
1. Green Christmas or White Christmas?
Personally, I love waking up to a white Christmas. But the kind where it kind of surprises you. Like… I went to bed on Christmas Eve and there wasn’t anything on the ground. Then I wake up and then everything is covered in a blanket of snow.
2. Would you rather snuggle up with a blanket or go outside and play in the snow?
Playing in the snow is on my Murtaugh List. I like to look at it. At this point, trying to play in the snow is too much like work.
3. How do you typically celebrate New Year’s?
Sleep. I mostly can’t stand modern music, so there hasn’t been any point in me watching the televised New Year’s Eve parties for well over a decade. The last time I did anything with people on New Year’s Eve was when a bunch of us decided to watch the first six Star Wars movies in one day, not long after the announcement that Lucasfilm was sold to Disney and we would be getting an Episode VII. At least, I think that’s why we did it. We took a break from the movies at midnight to see the countdown from Times Square.
4. Favorite winter food?
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes. In moderation… I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so when it comes to these seasonal treats, one goes a long way.
5. What is your favorite seasonal drink?
Well, technically it’s available year-round, but I love a Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks. Really, it’s the only thing I like there, so I’m glad it’s available all year.
6. How early do you decorate for Christmas?
My rule is day after Thanksgiving. I don’t have anything against anyone who decorates earlier or begins listening to Christmas music in September. I just can’t do it. I know how cynical I’ll get and wind up getting tired of hearing the same 12 songs by the same 20 artists over and over again.
7. Do you enjoy the cold weather or do you get anxious for spring to come?
I love the cold. The colder the better. I should’ve been Canadian.
8. Do you have any special holiday traditions?
Dinner and gift exchange at my grandmother’s house. Not sure how special that is, but I look forward to it. Mostly… To be honest, I’m good with dinner and catching up with my out of town cousins. I could skip the gift exchange and be completely content. But that’s mostly because the whole gifting thing is not my love language.
9. What is your idea of a perfect winter day?
That may change this year now that my career path has been significantly altered. But I know that when I worked in the schools, a perfect winter day involved a snow day. I watched the early morning local news to see if our district was listed as canceled. Then I would get back in bed and embrace an unexpected lazy day. I’m not working in schools anymore, so snow days are a thing of the past. I may still say the perfect winter day is one that involves snow, but it’ll have to be a Saturday or Sunday when I can afford to have the lazy day.
10. What’s the best part about winter?
A lack of humidity. Or, at least, if it’s humid, you don’t notice it because it’s cold out.
11. What’s your favorite movie set in the winter season (not necessarily a Christmas movie)?
12. What do you hate about winter?
As much as I love the cold and the snow, I will admit I do tend to feel a bit of the seasonal affective disorder if we go an exceptionally long span without sunshine. I mean, I wouldn’t claim to be diagnose-able, but it definitely bums me out a little.
BTW, none of you are obligated to participate! But if you want, have fun with it!