Directed by Andy Tennant
Quick Synopsis… Smooth and sexy Hitch helps clueless clients make a great first impression with their dates so they can get to the second date. But when a lovely gossip reporter starts nosing around his business, Hitch has to figure out a whole new strategy to love.
- Right away, this movie starts off with a fantastic soundtrack.
- Gotta love some Sam Cooke.
- The opening credits play over a montage of Hitch (Will Smith) taking us through the process with three of his clients.
- He helps guys who struggle in relationships with women. He helps them find opportunities to be noticed and to give appropriate attention to the women of their dreams.
- Then we switch gears, meeting Sara Melas (Eva Mendes), a gossip columnist who is also incredibly cynical about the relationship game.
- When Sara is out with her friend Casey, she brings up the mythical Date Doctor. Sara chalks the guy up to urban legend.
- Hitch shares a little of his back story. Back in the day, he had no game.
- Reminds me of me.
- Except I’m 16 years past college and I still have no game.
- Hitch feel obligated to share what he learned the hard way with his fellow man.
- Obligated may be the wrong word. I wonder how much he charges as a “consultant.”
- Speaking of no game… Meet Albert Brennamen (Kevin James) who is in love with socialite Allegra Cole (Amber Valletta).
- His connection to Allegra is that her finances are handled by Albert’s accounting firm.
- Allegra is like a celebrity. She’s constantly on Sara’s radar for her gossip column. Meaning that these worlds are destined to collide.
- Especially when Hitch meets Sara and begins dating her in the most tragic ways possible.
- Everything Hitch does on his dates goes wrong. Kinda makes you think he needs his own Date Doctor.
- On the Albert side of things, he convinces Albert to make sure he’s noticed the next time Allegra meets with the team of accountants.
- He takes it a little too far when he quits his job in front of her. But it works. And they really hit it off.
- In the meantime, Hitch also meets another potential client in Vance Munson, who is your classic douche bag.
- Hitch’s scene with Vance is my favorite in this movie. If you haven’t seen it, look it up. It’s pretty awesome.
- It all comes crashing down when our favorite gossip columnist finds out that Vance Munson is the guy that broke her best friend’s heart. He also mentioned consulting the Date Doctor.
- So Sara is all in on finding this Date Doctor and taking him down.
- When it turns out to be the guy she’s been slowly falling in love with, she’s pissed.
- It all blows up at a speed dating event, which is probably my next favorite scene in the movie. Look that one up, too.
- Albert briefly loses Allegra. Hitch briefly loses Sara.
- But conversations are had, understandings are met. And they all live happily ever after.
- Life in a romantic comedy, am I right?
- One last question… Why is Casey at Albert and Allegra’s wedding?
- I get Sara being there. They invited Hitch, she’s his date. Even though she’s little better than the paparazzi hiding in the bushes…
- How many weddings have you been to where your plus one was allowed to bring their BFF?
Have you seen Hitch? What do you like about it? Dislike? Let me know in the comments! And here’s your hint for tomorrow’s movie, beginning with the letter I. It’s a fairly recent film that stars Hollywood legend Robert De Niro. What’s your guess?