Here’s a fun little game that you can play at home. Seriously, I hope you guys play along, this could be a lot of fun. But you have to follow five simple rules…
- Put your music player on random.
- Post the first line (or so, some are hard) from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
- Post and let everyone you know guess what SONG AND ARTIST the lines come from.
- Italicize the songs when someone guesses correctly (No lyric hunting! That’s cheating! We are on the honor system here!)
- After doing the first 20, listen to one more random song and post it as your title.
- Finally, I figured out, but it took a long, long time…
- Whoa… For the longest time…
- I knew the moment I first saw you, our love was meant to be.
- Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling. Do you feel my heart beating?
- I know I can’t take one more step towards you, ’cause all that’s waiting is regret.
- I never thought my life would end up quite this way.
- You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar when I met you.
- Stacy’s mom has got it goin’ on.
- Penny Lane, there is a barber showing photographs…
- Every time that I look in the mirror, all these lines on my face gettin’ clearer.
- They made up their minds and they started packing. They left before the sun came up that day.
- Can anybody find me somebody to love?
- There was a time, I was alone, nowhere to go and no place to call home.
- I set out on a narrow way many years ago.
- Beth, I hear you calling, but I can’t come home right now.
- I was all right for a while. I could smile for a while.
- They say for everyone, there’s that certain one out there somewhere.
- On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair…
- Speak with your tongue tied. I know that you’re tired but I just want to know where you want to go.
- There you see her, sitting there across the way…
Your turn, kids. Have fun!