You know you have days like this. It’s not that you’re suddenly pessimistic about life in general. You just begin the day and feel like each small choice you make has only done more to make the day a little worse. It’s not every day, of course. But today just might have been one of those days where I should have turned off the alarm and turned to face the wall as I drifted off back to sleep. Here’s why…
- I was still feeling tired when the alarm went off. That’s the most obvious one.
- I was also having a really pleasant dream about far off places, daring sword fights, magic spells, and a princess in disguise when the alarm went off.
- By the time I got out of the shower, my head was kind of pounding. Not sure why. As of the writing of this post, the Advil has yet to kick in.
- I poured cereal in the bowl without checking to see if I had enough milk. I did not.
- That rabbit that darted out in front of my car on Indian Valley Road would still be living a happy and carefree life.
- The internet was down when I got to work. The internet is how I communicate with the powers that be. The internet is how I submit my daily notes. Without it, what’s the point?
- The kids have been ignoring me. My lips are moving. I can hear sounds coming out of my mouth in the form of words. And yet… it’s like I’m not even there.
- I just went back and corrected my grammatical errors. They were extensive.