Here’s the thing… I was just nominated for a blogging award! Well, not just… I mean, it happened earlier today. Now is just the first chance I’ve had to do something about it. I’ve been blogging (elsewhere) for a decade and have never been nominated for any kind of blogging award. Now I get this after I’ve been running this blog for less than 6 months, but my circle of blogging friends has been steadily growing in recent weeks. It’s kind of exciting, actually.Anyway, a huge thanks to ktschram over at I Live to Express for presenting me with the Liebster Award. I’m honored that someone would think of me. Even though (and please don’t let this taint the fact that I really am honored to have been picked) the cynic in me kind of just looks at these awards as modern day digital chain letters. But I think they’re fun, so I’m absolutely playing along.
Here be the rules… note that they are bendable… or breakable…
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- Copy these rules in the post.
- ALL THE NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION.
Here are the questions asked by ktschram…
1. What is the first movie you remember seeing in theaters?
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial… I’m not sure exactly how I remember seeing this in the theater. I was two years old when it was originally released. Maybe it was a re-release when I saw it. But the memory is there.
2. Who was/is your favorite James Bond and why?
Daniel Craig… Mostly based on the strength of Casino Royale and Skyfall. Fantastic films.
3. What is the last thing you purchased?
I’m not counting food because I feel like I buy that stuff all the time. I bought some toothpaste yesterday because it was needed for an activity for the kids at church.
4. Tell a short campfire story.
Once, on a night just like tonight, there was a guy who decided to go camping in these very woods. Early in the evening, he set up a tent. As the sun sank lower in the sky, approaching the horizon, he knew it would soon get dark and the temperature would drop. He set about gathering logs and brush in the surrounding forest. He arranged the wood and kindling and carefully lit a match. He breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that he no longer needed to fear the cold and the dark. He had just built a campfire. The end.
5. Why do you blog?
Because I’m waiting for the right person to read something I’ve written and offer me a book deal. Also, it’s pretty therapeutic.
6. Favorite thing to do in the winter?
7. Least favorite thing to do in the summer?
8. Which movie character (yes any movie character) best describes you?
Ouiser from Steel Magnolias
9. What generally wakes you up in the morning? And how do you feel about this?
The stupid alarm on my phone. How do you think I feel about it?! Sorry, that came out mean. I’m not angry at you. I’m angry at the phone that I already know is waiting to wake me up in the morning.
10. When putting on shoes does the left or right shoe go on first?
Right… because I’m pretty sure I’m right-footed.
Now to nominate other blogs for this award as well! If you’ve already been nominated by someone else in the past, you’re getting it again because I’ve been unobservant. But you are not legally bound to participate. Below you’ll find a mix of blogs that I’ve recently discovered and some that I’ve been reading for years. They’re also a good mix of entertaining, hilarious, or just plan interesting. Enjoy!
My 10 questions for you are as follows… (if you were not one of the 10 nominated but still want to answer the questions, feel free to do so in the comments)
- What is the greatest movie of all time?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Have you become that thing you wanted to be? Why or why not?
- If you could live your life in a TV series, what would it be?
- You find yourself in an old school arcade and you have one quarter. What game do you play and why?
- How many of your Facebook “friends” do you actually consider to be friends?
- Where is the farthest you’ve ever been from the place you call home?
- What was your first pet and what did you name it?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- What song do you hate to get stuck in your head? (It’s there now, isn’t it? Sorry. Not sorry.)
10 thoughts on “My Very First Award!”
Congrats and thank you so much for the nomination!! 🙂
Pingback: And the award goes to… | Butterfly Reflections
Pingback: My Very Second Award! – The Confusing Middle
Pingback: The Liebster Award! | only bad chi
I believe you have remarked some very interesting details ,
regards for the post.
Great blog here! Additionally your web site rather a
lot up fast! What host are you the use of? Can I get your associate link to your host?
I want my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol
Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how
could i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a appropriate
deal. I were a little bit acquainted of this
your broadcast provided shiny clear concept