Directed by Jeff Tomsic
Quick Synopsis… One month every year, five highly competitive friends hit the ground running in a no-holds-barred game of tag they’ve been playing since the first grade—risking their necks, their jobs and their relationships to take each other down with the battle cry “You’re It!” This year, the game coincides with the wedding of their only undefeated player, which should finally make him an easy target. But he knows they’re coming…and he’s ready. Based on a true story, “Tag” shows how far some guys will go to be the last man standing.
- Y’all, the best part of this movie might be that it’s actually based on a true story.
- I mean, of course the movie is a little more exaggerated than real life. But, from what I understand, only a little.
- If you want to read about the real life game that the movie is based on, click here for the Wall Street Journal article.
- It’s a good read…
- Anyway, the movie features Ed Helms, Jon Hamm, Jake Johnson, Hannibal Buress, and Jeremy Renner as the five grown men who have continued a game of tag for 30 years.
- The second best part of this movie might be whenever we get into Jeremy Renner’s head as he thinks through every step of avoiding being tagged.
- He’s like a Jedi… seeing two, three steps ahead of everyone else.
- If you haven’t seen Tag, give it a chance. It’s funny, it’s entertaining… and it’s even touching at times.
- These guys use a childhood game to stay in each other’s lives, far beyond a point when most of us lose contact with our best friends.
- In a lot of ways, I’m a little jealous. How much fun would it be to pick a month out of each year to randomly appear in your old friends’ lives?
Okay, that was a little short. But it really is good stuff. Have you seen it? What’d you think? Tomorrow’s movie starts with a U. Can you believe we’re already at U? Here’s your hint… It’s an action movie that takes place on a boat. Okay… a ship.