Fools Rush In
Directed by Andy Tennant
Netflix says… When uptight New Yorker Alex and blithe-spirited Isabel spend one passionate night together in Las Vegas just hours after meeting, they go their separate ways and don’t see each other until three months later — when Isabel realizes she’s pregnant.
- It’s Christmas in New York.
- Alex (Matthew Perry) makes it clear he’s just getting back into town. And he’s got a stuffed swordfish in tow.
- Isabel (Salma Hayek) is easy on the eyes.
- No… what I meant to say is… Isabel (Salma Hayek) is floating on a river in Mexico.
- It’s Christmas here, too. I know this because a kid tells her, “Feliz Navidad!”
- I don’t know much Spanish, but I know how to say merry Christmas.
- Back in New York, Alex finds out that he’s being sent to Las Vegas to oversee the construction and opening of a new night club.
- Isabel and Alex happen to be in the same restaurant and in line to use the restroom at the same time.
- Isabel believes that fate brought them together for a reason. Alex doesn’t believe in fate.
- They hit it off… to say the least.
- The next morning, Isabel takes off while Alex sleeps in.
- Three months later, Isabel comes back.
- And she’s pregnant.
- They decide to get married. Immediately. Because… Vegas.
- It soon becomes apparent that their lives, cultures, dreams, and aspirations are completely different.
- Awkwardness ensues.
- Things don’t work out.
- Then they do.
This is a great romantic comedy. If you haven’t seen it, you should see it. Hard to believe it’s more than 20 years old at this point. But maybe a rom-com isn’t your cup of tea. Maybe you prefer a psychological thriller. If that’s the case, come back next week for #92 on this list: M. Night Shyamalan’s Split.
One thought on “My Favorite Movies #93 – Fools Rush In”
Pingback: My Top 100 Movies | The Confusing Middle