Welcome to Rewatching Buffy, the part of the blog where I rewatch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Each Tuesday evening, you’re invited to join me as I attempt to rediscover what made me love this show so many years ago.
- A girl arrives in Sunnydale by bus and, for some reason, is the only person who needs to visit the sketchy bus station.
- A bus station that’s closed.
- Waiting for her in the parking lot are a few of the First’s harbingers.
- But Buffy’s there, too.
- She manages to kill the three of them, then introduces herself to Rona, the new potential in town.
- Rona says she was told to come to Sunnydale because she’d be safe there.
- Buffy emphasizes that she’s not so much “safe” as she is “safer” with Buffy around.
- At the house, Willow takes the floor while Kennedy aggressively tries to get her to join her in the bed.
- We learn more about Kennedy’s background.
- I was right last week… she’s a spoiled brat.
- Downstairs, four potentials are up talking… and it’s keeping Xander and Andrew awake.
- Xander’s on the couch… Andrew’s still tied to a chair.
- Buffy arrives home with Rona.
- And there’s a lot of talk…
- They’re all looking to Buffy, but she doesn’t have answers yet.
- Giles suggests going to Beljoxa’s Eye… an oracle that exists in a dark dimension.
- Anya doesn’t want to explore that route, but Buffy insists that, if this is a possibility, it needs to be explored.
- Spike is still chained to a wall, but he manages to break free and take down two harbingers.
- As he tries to escape, he runs into Buffy…
- But it was all a dream.
- The First, as Buffy, continues to taunt him.
- Anya convinces an old demon contact of hers to open the gateway to Beljoxa’s Eye.
- Actually, he doesn’t want anything to do with Anya, but Giles uses their connection to the Slayer to threaten him if he doesn’t open the gateway.
- Giles and Anya step through and meet the Eye.
- It’s kinda creepy.
- Willow gets a call from Giles’ coven friends in England… they have news.
- Apparently, another potential made it to Sunnydale a couple days ago, but the harbingers killed her Watcher so no one knew until a seer saw she was staying at a hotel in town.
- In the basement, some of the potentials are training… others are natural pessimists.
- Buffy and Xander check out the hotel, but no one’s answering.
- Xander peeks through the window and tells Buffy to kick down the door.
- They find the girl dead… been that way for days.
- They turn her over to discover it’s Eve, one of the potential Slayers who is currently hanging out at the house.
- No wonder Eve has been the one leading the pessimism charge among the new girls.
- Andrew is free to roam around now, and insists that he can be helpful as he annoys Dawn.
- Buffy rushes in looking for the potentials.
- She finds them in the basement and demands the First get away from them.
- Before the First/Eve vanishes, she tells Buffy that she’ll be sending a visitor to the house after sundown.
- Three guesses who…
- Beljoxa’s Eye informs Giles and Anya that it (The First Evil) cannot be stopped.
- The Eye cannot see the future and doesn’t know if the First will succeed in wiping out the line of Slayers.
- It can only see the truth of the here and now.
- Giles asked why the First hasn’t tried this before, and it is only seizing an opportunity that has come up recently.
- The change was brought about by the Slayer.
- Back at the house, everyone is arguing about what to do.
- Buffy suggests a barrier spell, thinking that the Ubervamp doesn’t need an invite to get in the house.
- While the potentials argue among themselves, Buffy, Willow, and Xander silently excuse themselves.
- Harbingers surround the house after sundown, making sure no one leaves.
- Buffy hands out weapons, just in case.
- Rona’s been here for one episode and I’m already tired of her complaining all the freakin’ time.
- Okay, now it’s showtime… here comes the Ubervamp.
- The Ubervamp is able to break through the door, but Willow’s barrier spell keeps it out of the living room.
- This gives everyone enough time to run out the back, where they take out three Harbingers before running out of town.
- Giles and Anya return to our dimension and discuss what the Eye meant…
- Buffy’s death didn’t bring about this change in the Slayer line, her resurrection did.
- The Ubervamp is close behind the Scoobies and the Potentials.
- Buffy orders Willow and Xander to take everyone to a safe location while she fights and leads the Ubervamp away.
- But that plan doesn’t work… since the Ubervamp loses interest in Buffy and goes a different way.
- Xander leads everyone to a construction site and Willow tells everyone to spread out and take positions… whatever that means.
- Seriously, if Rona doesn’t shut up…
- But before they can actually spread out, Ubervamp arrives.
- Suddenly, the lights come on and Buffy is standing aboe them.
- This was the plan.
- Buffy welcomes the Ubervamp to Thunderdome.
- She’s ready to show the Potentials why the Slayer is what monsters have nightmares about.
- Earlier, when Buffy, Willow, and Xander went to the kitchen, they were telepathically hatching their plan.
- The fight is fairly epic, though it doesn’t seem that Buffy is fairing much better than she did last week.
- In the end, Buffy beheads the Ubervamp with a piece of barbed wire.
- She looks at her small army and tells them that, if they all do their parts, they’ll be the ones left standing.
- Anytime someone can wrap up a speech with, “Here endeth the lesson,” I’m impressed.
- It’s like a mic drop.
- The First/Eve watches… and she is not pleased.
- Buffy approaches Spike… and he thinks it’s the First again.
- But then she cuts him loose.
- Body count: Harbingers – 3; Potential Slayers – 1; Ubervamps – 1
One thought on “Rewatching Buffy – Episode 133”
For whatever reason, I have very little stored memory about this season of Buffy. I know I watched it, and there are flashes of things I remember while reading your synopses. But, most of it? Poof! Gone.
LikeLiked by 2 people