The most recent quiz seems so recent! It’s been less than a month but Paul is already back at it, challenging his fellow bloggers with another challenge. And who doesn’t love a good competition? If you want to hop on board this whirly-gig of insanity, head over to The Captain’s Speech and join in on the fun.
The 10 Questions
- The Fab Five were a group of all-freshmen starters for the 1991 Michigan men’s basketball team. What is something you immediately excelled at?
– Donkey Kong… At the age of three, I was introduced to the classic video game via our ColecoVision home video game console. At the age of three, I could outplay any adult who attempted to pick up the joystick. I’m not saying I could have been known as the “King of Kong” at such a young age. But I’m not saying I couldn’t have, either. I was also quite good at Donkey Kong, Jr.
- One Direction was a boy band that eventually went in five directions. If you were in a five person band, would you be the first one to leave? Why or why not?
– I actually was in a band for a while and there were five of us. I was the first to leave. In part, because I moved to a different town, so showing up for rehearsals wasn’t really cost effective, since we really had no paying gigs. Also, it just made sense. I lifted right out. I didn’t play any instruments and was only there for my voice. And since the guy who played lead guitar also had a decent singing voice, I was redundant. Unless we were doing our cover of “If I Had $1,000,000” by the Barenaked Ladies. You need both voices for that one.
- Five Alive is a line of various fruit juice blends. Create a new drink and include any number (other than five) in its name. Tell me about the new drink.
– It’s a shame 7up is already taken… Let’s go with 2 Much Punch. That’s kinda catchy, right? Like Five Alive, 2 Much Punch would consist of various fruit juices, but each would only be a pairing of two fruits: Orange Mango, Strawberry Banana, Kiwi Lime, Pineapple Apple, etc.
- In the mid-2000s, WWE Superstar John Cena had a weekly segment on WWE.com called, “Five Questions With The Champ” where he answered fan questions. If you were to send a celebrity five questions, who would it be and what would you ask?
– For Tom Hanks:
– What was the inspiration behind That Thing You Do?
– Before you heard the actor portraying young Forrest Gump’s speaking voice, what did Forrest sound like in your head?
– You have been married to Rita for 33 years, almost unheard of in Hollywood couples. What is the secret to relationship longevity?
– Over the years you have played many memorable roles. Do you have a favorite character and why?
– In 1986, you gave an interview for New York magazine, saying that you would often visit the theater on your own and just lose yourself in the stage productions. Is there a particular play that made everything click for you in your desire to become an actor?
- The San Francisco 49ers have won five Super Bowls, with their last one coming in 1995. What is something from 1995 that you wish we still had and/or did in 2021?
– Pogs. Whatever happened to those things?
- When you type, “Where are the” into Google, what is the fifth autocomplete option?
– “Where are the rocky mountains…” I’m sad that this is a question that needs to be asked.
- The TV show, Breaking Bad, had five seasons. What is your favourite TV show and how many seasons does it have?
– Buffy the Vampire Slayer – 7 seasons
- The PlayStation 5 has experienced supply issues due to a chip shortage. What are your top five potato chip flavours?
– I’m really a plain chip kind of guy. But in the interest of choosing… Plain; Sour Cream & Onion; Salt & Vinegar; Pizza; Cheddar & Sour Cream
- “Remember, remember, the 5th of November” is a line from the movie, V for Vendetta. What do you remember about November 5, 2021?
– Man… that was nearly two weeks ago. I can’t remember what I had for breakfast this morning. But let me think… I was still housesitting for my aunt at that point. I’m certain it was another long day at work and I procrastinated on doing my paperwork. Monthly reports were due on that day, but I completely forgot to do them until the following Monday. Oops…
- How would you explain the “high five” hand gesture to someone who doesn’t know what it is?
– In a number of Western cultures, it is customary to celebrate with a friend by clapping together the palms of their hands. The celebratory “high five” can be performed in response to good news, an impressive feat, or even the most mediocre of events. When one requests a “high five” from a friend or family member, they do so by lifting their arm in the air and holding their hand up, palm open. The responding individual then raises his or her own hand in the air, meeting the first person’s hand with an open palm slap. The two hands meet, palm to palm, and much satisfaction is had by both parties. It is considered rude to deny a “high five” when one is requested.
- If you could be five-years-old for the next 24 hours, what would you do?
– Embrace nap time. Go out and impress adults with my 41-year-old vocabulary and wealth of knowledge that no five-year-old should possess. Sneak into G-rated movies. Order off the kids’ menu. Throw a tantrum when I’m tired because I obviously missed my nap.
- How many five-letter words can you type in two minutes? Do it, but don’t share the words with me. Your answer to this question will only be the number of words.
- Tell me the story behind the fifth photo in your phone (or camera, computer, photo album).
– The fifth photo in my phone is a picture I took of a birthday card I made for my sister. I sent her a picture of the card I made for her because, while I was staying at my aunt’s house, I realized I didn’t have any stamps and could, therefore, not send her the birthday card in the mail. She appreciated the gesture just the same.
Those are my answers for The Captain’s Quiz 5: Golden Rings. You should seriously follow that link at the top of this post and play along. It’s super fun. I don’t even care if I win or lose.
4 thoughts on “Taking the Captain’s Quiz 5: Golden Rings”
Pogs! I’m surprised they haven’t made a return yet as a collector’s item, or maybe they have and I’m just unaware. Your comments were fun, I’ll have more thoughts on them in the results post. Thanks for doing this!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Now that I have my answers written and scheduled, I can finally read the answers of other people!
Great answers! I hope that you mailed the birthday card after the fact! And i loved pogs!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Excellent question about Tom and Rita honestly! How do they do it?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: The Captain’s Quiz 5: Golden Rings (RESULTS) | The Captain's Speech