So is Paul wrapping up a trilogy of quizzes or is this the next in a long line of awesome sequels in a franchise that will be even more successful than the Fast & Furious saga? I’m always intrigued and I do love a challenge. I’ve been discouraged by my results in Paul’s previous quizzes, but that’s what happens when you don’t study. If you are interested in playing along, please head over to The Captain’s Speech and take the quiz yourself. But do it after you’ve read my answers. Just don’t steal any of my answers. Please and thank you.
The 10 Questions
- You and a stranger are stuck in an elevator for three hours. After how many minutes would you tell them your name?
– 17 minutes
- You’re the first person to enter the movie theater. Which seat do you choose and why?
– I choose a seat in the middle of the back row, especially if we’re talking about a cinema with stadium seating. I prefer this seat because it’s up high and far enough away from the screen that you can take in the entire image without the hassle of moving your head from side to side. Also, the back/top row generally has more leg room behind the next row of seats.
- If you were to navigate a giant maze with one celebrity, who would it be and why do you think you’d work well together?
– Nick Offerman seems like he would be a good problem solver. I think if we put our heads together we could easily find our way out of the maze.
- Eggs can be cooked in many different ways. Pick one and build a meal around it. What is included in that meal?
– Eggs, scrambled with a hint of salt and pepper; sausage patties; toast with grape jelly; a tall glass of milk
- Select the task you’d be able to complete the fastest and explain why:
– A) Blow up (with your mouth) and tie 3 balloons… First of all, there is no mention of needing to fill the balloons to capacity with lung air, so one could quickly get through blowing up three balloons. Tying them off is fairly simply assuming one knows how. Secondly, popping 150 balloons with a tack sounds like it would be easy, but I imagine the sheer number of balloons would quickly become overwhelming. Meanwhile, I’ve already blown up my three balloons.
- Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is a talk show hosted by Jerry Seinfeld. Using the same format for the title (Ex. Poodles on Patios Getting Crumbs), what would be the name of your talk show?
– Pilots on Planes Getting Pie
- Arthur is an animated educational television series for children. What are 5 television shows you watched as a child?
– He-Man and the Masters of the Universe; ThunderCats; The World of David the Gnome; Captain Planet and the Planeteers; G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
- Pillows provide support and help keep our upper body aligned during sleep. What is the strangest place you’ve ever fallen asleep? Tell the story, if there is one.
– I don’t consider it that strange, but I once fell asleep in a movie theater. I went with some friends to seen National Treasure when it was first released. I had already seen the movie and was working nights at the time. So I had come off of an all-night shift and really did not have a chance to sleep during that day like I normally did. And since it was my night off, I decided to hang out with my friends, even though it meant paying to see a movie I’d already seen. Turns out I paid to take a nap. Until my friend punched me in the arm because I was apparently snoring loudly.
- “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” is a song by the band, Tears for Fears. If you could be in charge of anything, what would it be?
– The main branch of the local library, just to have access to all the books at all times.
- Your closet is a portal to a new “location” (think: wardrobe to Narnia), where does it lead to? What do you see?
– It leads to a gazebo overlooking a serene lake. The kind of lake that really hasn’t been discovered or exploited by developers, so it stays quiet all of the time. I see comfortable seating and a couple of hammocks in the shade. There are also lights strung up for night time visits and a small refrigerator with an endless supply of any beverage anyone could want.
- Please enter the correct 6-digit passcode to successfully escape this quiz.
Okay… those are my answers to The Captain’s Quiz 3: The Escape Quiz. I’m afraid I overthought some of my answers. I tried not to do that… but sometimes I just can’t turn off the brain when it gets going. Good luck to all other participants.