Kids, you know I love a good challenge. And Paul over at The Captain’s Speech has presented the blogosphere with one heck of a challenge today. It’s called The Captain’s Quiz and everyone is invited to take it. I won’t explain his rules here because that would probably tempt you to avoid going over there and reading/taking his quiz yourselves. I won’t stand for cheating.
I will, however, copy his questions so that the answers make sense as I’m sharing them here on my blog.
Seriously, though… Go check it out. Here’s another chance to do that. Then you can come back here and see how I answered his questions. But, again, I ask you not to copy my answers unless you promise to give me all your tater tots at lunch. Please and thank you.
The First 10…
- In the movie Space Jam, Daffy Duck sneaks into Michael Jordan’s house to pick up his lucky basketball shorts. What animated character would you trust with your personal belongings and why?
– Snake Eyes from G.I. Joe because if I asked him to get something for me, he’d be in and out before anyone knew he was there and since he doesn’t speak, I know he wouldn’t spill any of my secrets.
- What is the chorus of your favorite song?
– “Yes, it’s true, I’m so happy to be stuck with you and I can see that you’re happy to be stuck with me.”
- Complete the sentence: I wish I could _____.
– …earn a living by hanging out at home watching movies and blogging.
- The singer, Meat Loaf, said he would do anything for love, but he won’t do that. In general, what are three things you won’t do?
– Eat peanut butter; Jump out of a perfectly good airplane; Run for President of the United States.
- What is the worst thing about pockets?
– Pocket lint.
- Should I be concerned about your most recent Google search?
- If there was an eighth day of the week, what would it be called, and where would you place it amongst the other seven?
– Since so many of our weekdays are already named for Norse gods, let’s give one to Loki and call it Loksday and let’s stick it between Wednesday and Thursday since Loki was always trying to get between Odin and Thor.
- When you look in the mirror, what do you see behind you?
– The closet door that opens up to where my water heater and washer/dryer combo are stored.
- You can have dinner with any three people in the world, but you must dine at a fast food restaurant. Who are you bringing and what does each person (including yourself) order off the menu?
– I’m going to bring three of my best friends, Mark, Brandon, and Andy. And I’m pretty sure that, between the four of us, we can handle ordering everything on the menu. No matter the restaurant.
- Think of a word (in English) and create a new, alternate spelling for it. What is the new word you have created?
– Moysed… maybe if it’s spelled differently it won’t bother so many people.
- On a sheet of paper, draw your happy place. Do not include words or numbers. You have 60 seconds to do this. Share the picture in your blog post.
2. Text someone, “Knock Knock.” What is their reply?
3. In your place of residence, pick up a book and turn to Page 50. What is the third sentence on that page and how does it relate to your life?
– “We’re running out of time.” I mean, if that’s not the story of every adult’s life, I’m not sure what is.
Well, those are my answers to The Captain’s Quiz. I’m not saying my answers are better than everyone else’s, but that’s only because I did this without reading anyone else’s answers. But, I mean… come on. These are some pretty solid answers. Pretty sure I nailed it. I always did test well.