Directed by Mike Judge
Netflix says… In a comedy that jabs at corporate life, Peter conspires with his cubicle cohorts to embezzle money from their soulless employer. With help and hindrance from his peers, including quotable nerd Milton, Peter might find his sanity and his revenge.
- This is one of those that I look back fondly on because of what it meant to my college years.
- Yeah, my friends and I didn’t just enjoy watching Office Space, we had a tendency to repeat lines from the movie over and over and over…
- Then, when I worked for the bank for a number of years, I grew to have a better understanding for the frustration felt by Peter and his coworkers.
- I’m a little afraid to do this post… Because I’m a little afraid it’ll just turn into a list of great quotes from the movie.
- I mean, really… Every time I think about something to put on these bullet points, it turns out just to be a line from the movie.
- To be fair, it’s got a lot of great lines.
- To be fair, most of them are inappropriate for a PG rated blog like this one.
- It’s been a while since I watched this all the way through. As I watch, it’s amazing how much of it reminds me of all the things I hated about working for the bank.
- Thankfully, I never really had a Bill Lumburgh for a manager. I mean, the first manager I worked for was a horrible person, but she was nothing like Lumburgh. The managers I worked for after her were great. I can’t blame my hatred of that job on my immediate superiors.
- But the pointless meetings, the meaningless slogans, the confusing acronyms… it’s all coming back to me.
- Oh, and the printer that never worked. Occasionally, it even said PC Load Letter, just like the one at Initech. Seriously, what does that mean?
- Remember when pieces of flair was a thing on Facebook?
- My favorite was the one of the kid who freakin’ loved coloring.
- It’s amazing how dated this movie is when looking at the technology of the time.
- Gigantic monitors. 3.5″ floppy discs. Windows 98… Crazy time, 1999.
- Y’all, the scene where they beat the crap out of the printer… Tell me there’s not a single one of us in the world who hasn’t wanted to do that with a machine of some kind at some point.
- And here we have another case of someone breaking up with Jennifer Aniston for stupid reasons.
- Other stupid reasons include: continually accusing her of having a relationship with the guy she works with at Bloomingdale’s and having an affair with Angelina Jolie.
- Let’s talk about Lumberg’s birthday cake. There’s definitely not enough there for everyone to get a piece. And I don’t just mean they’d be one short so Milton could get left out. There’d be a bunch of people in that office without cake.
- So I guess those are all my thoughts about Office Space. I know it’s not much. Probably makes you question why it’s in my top 100.
- But you really need to trust me on this, if I were to bullet point all the times I laughed while watching this just now, there’d be a whole bunch of bullet points.
Next week I’ll be watching It. The new version from last year. It’s number 96 on my list. So if you want to watch along with me, you’re more than welcome. I might be watching through my fingers, though.